Lakenheath Old Boys

We are all former students at Lakenheath High School and other public schools in East Anglia. We were in school in the 70s and 80s and drank deeply from the well of British culture of those decades - the pints, the telly, and of course the footie!

Monday, May 16, 2011

LOB Book Club - David Sirota

With Commencement this past weekend, I'm officially into summer mode, so it's time to gear up the summer reading club here at the LOB. Let me suggest that we start with David Sirota's new book - Back To Our Future. In it, Sirota looks at how the popular culture products of the 80s, and especially the films and tv shows that we enjoyed, laid out the political template for the past thirty years. I've just ordered it through our interlibrary loan system, so I'll be posting a first discussion thread in two weeks - May 30th - to get us started. After Sirota, perhaps we can move on to Bivalve's excellent choice - Tina Fey's Bossypants. I hope you'll join me.

3 Comments:

Blogger gooner71 said...

A bookshelf near collapse, graduation plans, and everything else may cause me to skip this one. Sorry mate.

11:30 AM  
Blogger The Blue Devil said...

No worries, mate. We'll get you on board for "Bossypants" later on in the summer.

11:50 AM  
Blogger West Ham Rising said...

I picked it up yesterday at the library . . . Looking forward to it!

3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home