Lakenheath Old Boys

We are all former students at Lakenheath High School and other public schools in East Anglia. We were in school in the 70s and 80s and drank deeply from the well of British culture of those decades - the pints, the telly, and of course the footie!

Monday, June 09, 2014

RIP Rik Mayall


 The world Cup is just around the corner, but I wanted to mention the unfortunate demise of one of the great British comedians, Rik Mayall, who passed away earlier today at the age of 56. I remember him at the beginning of his career when he was in " The Young Ones." I discovered today on facebook. I am interested to hear what others though about him.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Blue Devil said...

Thanks for the post, MUR. "The Young Ones" was a bit after my time in the UK, so Rik was never in my pantheon but I did enjoy "The Young Ones." Sad news, indeed.

2:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home