Lakenheath Old Boys

We are all former students at Lakenheath High School and other public schools in East Anglia. We were in school in the 70s and 80s and drank deeply from the well of British culture of those decades - the pints, the telly, and of course the footie!

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Python Nonsense

Needless to say, I've had some time on my hands recently and have been poring over the special features on some of my favorite DVDs. Just when I thought I'd watched every last second of my "Special Edition" two DVD set of "Monty Python and the Holy Grail," I struck pay-dirt: a twentieth anniversary documentary film in which Terry Jones and Michael Palin visit some of the original sites up in Scotland where they filmed. While touring one castle where they'd filmed the classic "French taunting" scenes, they wandered into the bookshop only to find empty coconut shells on sale. Here's the conversation that ensued:

Palin: What are these doing here?
Shopkeeper: Why, they're are best sellers, they are!
Palin: You're having us on - why would anyone buy these?
Shopkeeper: There are people in here every day filming themselves going up and down the courtyard whacking those things together.

Cue to scenes of tourists doing just that. Bloody marvelous!

~Bob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home