Lakenheath Old Boys

We are all former students at Lakenheath High School and other public schools in East Anglia. We were in school in the 70s and 80s and drank deeply from the well of British culture of those decades - the pints, the telly, and of course the footie!

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Footie Riddle of the Week


This week's riddle couldn't be more straightforward, especially for England fans with long memories: who captained England in the World Cup finals tournaments from 1958 onward? Extra points if you get the dual captaincies in 1986 and 90.

5 Comments:

Blogger United We Stand said...

I know the answers to this... well I found them.
I will not ruin it for the Stevie.
I give my answers later.

4:48 PM  
Blogger gatorbob said...

No Internet cheating, Davey. Save that for your students!

Sir Trev is right on Bobby Moore for 1966. You may remember that he was also the captain for the 70 side in Mexico, the last great England team before 2006. So, what about the others.

11:12 PM  
Blogger United We Stand said...

I guess I can't answer. I know them all

6:55 AM  
Blogger gatorbob said...

Go on, United. Give me the ManYoo players!

7:52 AM  
Blogger gatorbob said...

Right! And again with Becks for this one -what do you reckon about that? I think I'd rather John Terry took over the armband, but then that might depress Becks and we need his right foot.

7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home