Lakenheath Old Boys

We are all former students at Lakenheath High School and other public schools in East Anglia. We were in school in the 70s and 80s and drank deeply from the well of British culture of those decades - the pints, the telly, and of course the footie!

Monday, March 30, 2020

Guardian Commentary Quiz

Hello chaps! The Guardian posted a pretty fun (because I did well for once) quiz today. It's fill in the blank classic commentary, but for the life of me I can't believe they skipped "Thomas, CHARGING THROUGH THE MIDFIELD!! THOMAS, IT'S UP FOR (blank) NOWWW! THOMAS!!! Right at the end!" Beat my 9 out of 12. https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/mar/30/football-quiz-what-are-the-missing-words-in-the-commentary

5 Comments:

Blogger The Blue Devil said...

Thanks for the post, mate. It's a great quiz. I remember most of those incidents but I only got 5/12 - mediocre at best.

6:27 PM  
Blogger gooner71 said...

If it isn’t “a quality goal from a quality player” you can’t be arsed.

6:39 PM  
Blogger United We Stand said...

Only 7 here!

very impressed with the opening score....tough to beat

7:03 PM  
Blogger manunitedrules said...

Great post. I scored 6/12

9:09 AM  
Blogger Nickerson8 said...

I played ball with David Nocito for several years at Feltwell before being transferred back State side...anyone have his contact information...

Craig Nickerson
Cnickerson8@gmail.com

10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home