Lakenheath Old Boys

We are all former students at Lakenheath High School and other public schools in East Anglia. We were in school in the 70s and 80s and drank deeply from the well of British culture of those decades - the pints, the telly, and of course the footie!

Monday, July 15, 2024

Congratulations, Blue Devil!

Evening, all. I'm wrapping up our Euro 2024 Predictions Game doings tonight. It's a bittersweet moment for me as I'm still feeling the disappointment of the England loss, which is only slightly tempered by my win in this summer's game. As I mentioned in the last update, what put me over the top was guessing right on both of the finalists as well as Harry Kane as one of the Golden Boots. In last night's ceremony, France's keeper Mike Maignan was announced as the Golden Glove and Spain's midfield supremo Rodri was given the MVP award. Several of us picked Maignan but no one guessed Rodri. Also, none of the managers has been sacked to date, although several of them, including Gareth Southgate appear to be heading for the door. Here are the final standings: 1. Blue Devil - 72 points 2. United We Stand - 65 pts 3. Gooner71 - 60 pts 4. West Ham - 57 pts 5. Teddy Goalesevelt - 56 pts 6. Man Utd Rules - 55 pts 7. Red Dragon - 51 pts 8. Bee’s Knees - 50 pts 9. oticoN - 48 pts 10. Red Devil 1FCK - 45 pts Believe it or not, we're mere weeks away from the start of the next season, so I'll be back at the end of my vacation in Virginia to get that process started.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home