Lakenheath Old Boys

We are all former students at Lakenheath High School and other public schools in East Anglia. We were in school in the 70s and 80s and drank deeply from the well of British culture of those decades - the pints, the telly, and of course the footie!

Monday, May 18, 2009

Something To Talk About


So here's the idea. To pass the time until football season starts up again, The Blue Devil (or is that Winifred?) suggested a summer book club. In deference to my obsession with baseball, I suggested "Castro's Curveball" by Tim Wendel as a starting point. What do youse guys think?

6 Comments:

Blogger The Blue Devil said...

Thanks, Bets!

I'm in. I've ordered the book from half.com (still more copies on offer there, folks) and should have it by the end of the week.

Here's to a great summer of reading!

11:21 AM  
Blogger gooner71 said...

Betsy, the thing is that the MLS season means that for Bob and me, football's year-round. It's only footie snobs like Davey that pass on the domestic offering.

But this nevertheless is a great idea. I've just checked my library and it's available. Should also have it by Friday or so.

Thanks. Steve

12:11 PM  
Blogger The Blue Devil said...

Stum, brother!

Karen still thinks that I'm doing "odd jobs" and "research" during the off season.

Good news, though. "Castro's Curveball" was in the mailbox when I got home today. I'll let Bivalve take the lead on the reading group but I'm all set to go.

6:57 PM  
Blogger West Ham Rising said...

I'm having the missus check the local library

10:57 AM  
Blogger gooner71 said...

Oddly, last night I was at B&N with Eric and looking through the mystery section for a father's day prezzie, and found this book misfiled by subject. Strange coincidence I thought.

3:11 PM  
Blogger The Blue Devil said...

Looks like we have a quorum. All we need now is our Scotia contingent on board. Come on, Dave. Put down the plagiarized Doris Kearns Goodwin "histories" for one summer and join us, eh?

5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home