Lakenheath Old Boys

We are all former students at Lakenheath High School and other public schools in East Anglia. We were in school in the 70s and 80s and drank deeply from the well of British culture of those decades - the pints, the telly, and of course the footie!

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Same Old Song



Is there any depth that Chelsea won't stoop to? Is there any governing authority that can inflict a punishment that actually means something?

I'm referring of course to the outlandish charges that Chelsea have levied against Gallas here

Hmmmm, threatened the same thing last year? Why then was he allowed to play when Davey's boys were creeping up on them kinda sharpish in the late spring? Does such recklessness sound credible?

Hmmmm, can we trust the lying liars of Chelsea?

example - When the Ashley Cole story broke Peter Kenyon denied any such meeting took place while here’s a transcript of a Sky Sports interview with Jose Mourinho about the Ashley Cole meeting:

Mourinho: “On that day at that time I was in Milan, speaking with Adriano.”

Reporter: “So no contact was made with Ashley Cole?”

Mourinho: “I never met the boy. I just play against him. No more than that.”

He wasn’t in Milan. He wasn’t speaking to Adriano. He was in a hotel room with with Kenyon and Jonathan Barnett tapping up Ashley Cole just days before Arsenal played an important match. Add those lies to the unproven accusations about Anders Frisk, about Frank Rijkaard being in the referee’s dressing room and there’s a history of tall tales coming out of Stamford Bridge.

Maureenyo's arrogance was not in any way tongue in cheek. The bluster was OTT, and he went on to label Arsene Wenger a ‘voyeur’ in another personal vendetta he launched. He lacks humility and manners. He’s a great manager - although my mother could win the Prem given 250mil - but not much of a person - at least that’s the public image he projects.

Arsene Wenger said some time ago that the ‘moral leadership’ at Chelsea left something to be desired. He suggested that the owner should impose his standards on the club and that’s what has happened. Abramovich is a fantastically successful man but, by all accounts, a ruthless individual who knows what he wants and will do what he has to to get it.

4 Comments:

Blogger gooner71 said...

I've taken a lot of this from Arseblog.com by the way.

10:26 PM  
Blogger gatorbob said...

So Gallas didn't threaten to score an o.g.? Strange that he hasn't denied it yet. Better tell Jens to look out when Billy starts throwing the toys out of the pram come next contract re-negotiation.

9:06 AM  
Blogger gooner71 said...

What, central Fla have an electricity blackout that you missed this?

Gallas -- "I am surprised and shocked by these claims. I never said that I would score own goals if I had to play for Chelsea again. I was firm about my wanting to leave, that is true, and I will explain in due time why I wanted to, but I never went that far. But if people want to hide behind false accusations in order to give a reason for why I left so they can calm down the club’s supporters then they can."

Who you going to believe? I know who I believe because as I pointed out in my post, Chelsea are liars, and stupid liars because their lies have been exposed, over and over and over again. They're run like a mob organization, but without the omerta.

9:14 AM  
Blogger gatorbob said...

Fair dues - Gville's obviously not the place to get up to date footie news. I'm sorry that I ever questioned Billy's character. Jens, you're off the hook, mate.

10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home