Lakenheath Old Boys

We are all former students at Lakenheath High School and other public schools in East Anglia. We were in school in the 70s and 80s and drank deeply from the well of British culture of those decades - the pints, the telly, and of course the footie!

Sunday, July 18, 2010

LHS Trivia

Hi folks - Margi Felkay (nee Geaney) emailed me recently looking for trivia questions for the upcoming LHS reunion in Wakefield, MA. Apparently, she'll be offering up memorabilia as prizes at the event. If you've got some to toss into the pile, let me know. Here are the three that I offered up:

1. Who scored four goals against Alconbury to secure the soccer championship for the Lancers in 1982?
2. Which anti-nuclear activist group camped out at the gates to Lakenheath Air Force base during the late 70s and early 80s?
3. What was the #1 song on Top of the Pops when the class of 1982 graduated?

9 Comments:

Blogger United We Stand said...

I like the first one! You forgot about the assist!!

10:21 AM  
Blogger The Blue Devil said...

Humble as usual, eh Dave? ;-}

11:09 AM  
Blogger United We Stand said...

Pretentious, moi?

2:41 PM  
Blogger Bivalve88 said...

Okay, so I can now answer the first question. ;-) Any guesses as to the others? I seem to remember an Adam Ant song being popular when we graduated... was it "Goody Two Shoes"?

7:13 PM  
Blogger The Blue Devil said...

Spot on, Bivalve - well done!

8:52 PM  
Blogger manunitedrules said...

I am not about question two. I knew the answer to question 1. I would not have answered number 3 correct even though I have listened to that song many times.

9:16 PM  
Blogger gooner71 said...

Greenham Common Women, no?

8:14 AM  
Blogger gooner71 said...

How about which figure important to the American Revolution has a statue in Thetford?

Or what was the name of the record store chain in Bury St. Edmunds and the Cambridge Market stall?

What was the name of the music venue in Cambridge?

8:17 AM  
Blogger The Blue Devil said...

Thanks for all those questions, Gooner - I'll pass them on to Margi. I can answer all three, by the way.

The Greenham Common women were part of a group called the "Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament" (CND).

8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home