Lakenheath Old Boys

We are all former students at Lakenheath High School and other public schools in East Anglia. We were in school in the 70s and 80s and drank deeply from the well of British culture of those decades - the pints, the telly, and of course the footie!

Sunday, July 11, 2010

World Cup Predictions Game Final Score!

Congratulations, Thomas! You've come tops in what turned out to be a battle of the Nocito clan right to the end. I really thought Matthew had won it but the Dutch lads and David Villa let you down badly today. In this last stage, Jonathan won two points for the German 3rd place win, 7 of us picked up 8 points for picking Spain as the World Champions and, unfortunately no one got points for Golden Boot as we didn't have the foresight to pick Thomas Mueller who grabbed it for two more assists than the other three on five goals. In the end, well done to all of us for playing along. I'm certainly considering posting another similar Predictions Game for the upcoming Premiership season as this really added something to what turned out to be a bit of a flat World Cup tournament.

The final standings:

1. Thomas - 47 points
2. Jonathan - 46 points
3. Blubber Boy - 45 points
4. Matthew - 45 points
5. Someone Said - 45 points
6. AZ Kicker - 43 points
7. Blue Devil - 41 points
8. Chelskilad - 41 points
9. Gooner71 - 41 points
10. Simon Burke - 36 points
11. United We Stand - 35 points
12. Yellows - 34 points
13. ManUtd Rules - 29 points
14. West Ham Rising - 24 points
15. Kathy - 19 points

5 Comments:

Blogger Someone Said said...

Tied for third and Messi did not score. I'll take it!

8:40 PM  
Blogger United We Stand said...

Thomas would like to thank the academy!

So, Thomas comes from behind to win. Jon jumps into second and Matt falls to tied third!

Not bad for my children! I guess I have brought them up well... I am proud!!

Of course Kathy and I suck!!!

Of course SS, you said Messi didn't score... I picked Rooney and Torres and they scored diddly-squat too!


Well done Bob for all your hard work!
I can't believe it is all over. It is like yesterday you were at my house alone stealing the family silver

Again, thanks again mate

8:58 PM  
Blogger manunitedrules said...

I second that. Well done Bob.Don't feel bad Dave. I suck too. I picked Wayne Rooney who turned out to be a pedestrian in this tournament and finished third from bottom. I look stupid for picking Serbia to make the semis.Well it's all in good fun. We did liven a disappointing tournament. I look forward to the 2010-2011 EPL season.

12:25 AM  
Blogger gooner71 said...

Where did you go, Diego Millito?

5:00 PM  
Blogger The Blue Devil said...

"An Argentine nation's lonely eyes turn to you - woo woo woo."

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home