Lakenheath Old Boys

We are all former students at Lakenheath High School and other public schools in East Anglia. We were in school in the 70s and 80s and drank deeply from the well of British culture of those decades - the pints, the telly, and of course the footie!

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Two Ronnies are Better than One

The BBC had a Christmas special on tonight with the sad title - "The One Ronnie." It was nice to see that Ronnie Corbett is still in the pink but here's the way I like to remember the classic double-act. Enjoy!

5 Comments:

Blogger United We Stand said...

CLASSIC!!

My favorites skits are:
Four Candles... fork handles!
Charlie Farlie and Piggy Malone
and
HQ H2 Who are you?
You are? Oh Hararh
I'll meet you in the bar and buy you a cigar
tar tar

6:25 PM  
Blogger manunitedrules said...

This definitely brings back some childhood memories. The end of the show was classic as Ronnie Barker would say a few words then pause and laugh before continuing. This happened in every episode that I watched. I will always remember their closing line: " Good bye from me and good bye from him."

8:24 PM  
Blogger United We Stand said...

There are some good clips attached at the end of this clip

9:50 PM  
Blogger manunitedrules said...

I just noticed that. Where do I begin? I should view all of them. They are classics.Thank you for that information,UWS.

11:38 PM  
Blogger West Ham Rising said...

What fun . . . hope you all had to see Ronnie Corbett's guest appearances in Ricky Gervais's "Extras" . . . Brilliant!

7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home