Lakenheath Old Boys

We are all former students at Lakenheath High School and other public schools in East Anglia. We were in school in the 70s and 80s and drank deeply from the well of British culture of those decades - the pints, the telly, and of course the footie!

Friday, August 12, 2011

Who the &%$# Said That?

I did my usual penance for the civic education cause by watching the Republican clown car rally tonight in Iowa. As usual, the candidates did everything except to bite into a raw corncob in order to pander to the local Hawkeye audience. But I was struck again by the sheer amount of craziness on display, which moved me to create this humble matching quiz:

*Match the absurd statement with the ridiculous candidate below (Hint: some of the candidates were doubly absurd tonight)*

1. “If you can find a specific plan from President Obama on any of these issues, I’ll come to your house and cook you dinner…or if you prefer I’ll mow your lawn.”

2. “I introduced the Lightbulb Freedom of Choice Act so that people could use the kind of lightbulbs they want.”

3. “We’re inches away from not having a free economy.”

4. “I will never apologize for saying that Shariah law should never belong in the courts of the United States.”

5. “As I tell people when I’m traveling, you’ll see me in your hometown but you won’t see me on your television.”

6. “If you want to build a facility in the United States, you can’t because of the EPA’s regulatory reign of terror.”

7. “I agreed to put aside the talking points tonight, Chris, and I wish you would put aside the ‘Gotcha” questions.’

8. “We need honest money - a gold standard - not paper money.”

9. “We can be a country with high fences and wide open doors.”

10. “I’m not going to eat Barack Obama’s dogfood.”



a) Michele Bachmann

b) Herman Cain

c) Newt Gingrich

d) Jon Huntsman

e) Ron Paul

f) Tim Pawlenty

g) Mitt Romney

h) Rick Santorum

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home