Lakenheath Old Boys

We are all former students at Lakenheath High School and other public schools in East Anglia. We were in school in the 70s and 80s and drank deeply from the well of British culture of those decades - the pints, the telly, and of course the footie!

Monday, October 31, 2011

The Bests and Worsts of Halloween Candy

Happy Halloween, kids! One of my favorite podcasts - The Sporkful - recently challenged its listeners to pick their favorite and least favorite Halloween candy items, so I thought I'd take the time and space to do the same. Feel free to use both American and British favorites, as I have. Here is my list:

Best:
1. Maynards Wine Gums
2. Heath bars
3. Rowntrees Fruit Pastilles
4. Reese's peanut butter cups
5. Haribo gold packet gummi bears

Worsts:
1. Any candy corn variety
2. Any NECCO product (e.g., wafers, dots)
3. Nerds
4. Skittles
5. Any healthy non-candy item (e.g., apples, raisins)

I'll look forward to your choices here - have fun tonight!

8 Comments:

Blogger Someone Said said...

We have Snickers and Pay Day's to give out tonight, if anyone shows up. So if no one does, I can eat the rest. My wife mentioned what if someone has nut allergies. They should not be out trick or treating if they have them. Yeah, I'm cold.

Apologies if anyone has nut allergies who is reading this.

I'm neutral on candy corn but Necco wafers are gross. Little boxes of Sunkist Raisins is a bad trick. As were people who gave out pennies. Do people still give out money?

11:21 AM  
Blogger manunitedrules said...

I am cheating as I am receiving help from my daughters. Bests include M&M'S,Snickers,Twix,whoppers,and lollipops.
Worsts are mints(hard candy), gum,raisins,popcorn balls,generic peanut butter candies. The girls say some of these are really nasty.

6:46 PM  
Blogger manunitedrules said...

I forgot to put lifesavers and any grape flavored candy on the worsts.

6:47 PM  
Blogger United We Stand said...

Bloody Apples!!!

Love Snickers.


Miss Mars Bars, Smarties and plain Yorkies!

6:47 PM  
Blogger gooner71 said...

Best-Raspberry Tootsie Roll Pops

Worst-Starlight Mints because it means that you didn't buy candy and have emptied out you X-mas stocking of the stuff you didn't eat last year

9:13 PM  
Blogger manunitedrules said...

I looked at my girls' bags and forgot to put butterfingers and Nestles Crunch bars. My daughter told me to put any sour candy for worsts.

10:12 PM  
Blogger manunitedrules said...

Butterfingers and Crunch Bars are bests. Twizzlers are worsts.

10:14 PM  
Blogger West Ham Rising said...

My worst are your worst. My best? Reese's Cups, Nestle Crunch, Willy Wonka Bars, Kit Kats, Snickers.

Nothing beat tricker treating on Lakenheath AFB with the houses sandwiched together and every house a participant. We came home with full pillowcases.

9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home