Lakenheath Old Boys

We are all former students at Lakenheath High School and other public schools in East Anglia. We were in school in the 70s and 80s and drank deeply from the well of British culture of those decades - the pints, the telly, and of course the footie!

Monday, January 07, 2013

The LOB New Year's Resolution Thread

Alright, I'm about a week late getting to these, so it's high time to start this thread. I'm flying back to Fred-town after a wonderful few days in Harlingen and the ideas are flowing. Here goes on this year's resolutions:

1. Keep expanding the LOB: I can't tell you how cool it was to reconnect with JDLC on Saturday after 25 years. I'm continually amazed at how thoughtful and interesting the kids that we were thrown together with all those decades ago in East Anglia have become in adult life. I hope we can keep growing this project that we started six years ago.

2. Get the book published: Last year I resolved to finish the proposal for my second book and to shoot it off to publishers. Done. In October, I sent that to Teachers College Press. I've earmarked a Social Education series that edited by Bill Ayers (yes - the same Bill Ayers who Barack Obama was accused of "palling around with" back in 2008). It's now got past the first hurdle and is on the desks of eight external reviews. Hoping for the best in 2013.

3. Buy a house: At the beginning of the academic year, one of my colleagues announced that she'd be retiring at the end of the year. I've admired her house, which is a small, single family unit located two blocks from campus, for some time now. I approached her about this a few week's back. Now I'm dreaming of a house warming party in late summer on the deck in the back of the house.

So - that's quite enough for me to tackle in 2013 - what about the rest of you?

3 Comments:

Blogger United We Stand said...

Best of luck with all of these

All three are great.. I would love to hear that you have a house to visit!

7:18 PM  
Blogger manunitedrules said...

I will definitely come to the housewarming party.My resolutions are :

1) Lose weight- I need to eat healthier and exercise more.

2)Working on controlling stress

3)Doing more family activities

8:23 PM  
Blogger gooner71 said...

I'm stealing MUR's resolutions because they also apply to me.

1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home