Lakenheath Old Boys

We are all former students at Lakenheath High School and other public schools in East Anglia. We were in school in the 70s and 80s and drank deeply from the well of British culture of those decades - the pints, the telly, and of course the footie!

Friday, January 03, 2014

New Year's Resolutions 2014

Last year in this space I had three New Year's Resolutions to kick off 2013:

1. Buy the Cottage
2. Get tenure
3. Ask out Kate Douglass

Mark all three of those as done, so I'm feeling rather chuffed about 2013, especially after the "Annus Horribillus" that was 2012. I even shed ten pounds in the fall without saying anything formal about it. So, here are my 2014 Resolutions:

1. Get a book contract - I've been shopping a manuscript for my second book around for a while in 2013. This year, I'm hoping that one of them gives me a nibble.

2. Get a good start in my new job as chair - In July, I'll start in my new position as chair of the Department of Curriculum & Instruction at Fredonia. Wish me luck, won't you?

3. Move Kate into The Cottage - If things keep going well, I'm hoping that Kate will move in when her lease runs out in the summer. We'll be doing a trial run in the spring.

So, that's me - what are you resolving to do in 2014?

4 Comments:

Blogger manunitedrules said...

I do definitely wish you the best with your resolutions. Mine are :

1) Being less uptight around the
family.
2) Shed some weight.
3) Pay off two large credit
card balances.

11:01 PM  
Blogger Someone Said said...

Congratulations on resolutions 3!

9:19 AM  
Blogger The Blue Devil said...

Cheers, mate!

10:20 PM  
Blogger gooner71 said...

You're on a roll. Good luck with the 2014 list.

2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home