Lakenheath Old Boys

We are all former students at Lakenheath High School and other public schools in East Anglia. We were in school in the 70s and 80s and drank deeply from the well of British culture of those decades - the pints, the telly, and of course the footie!

Thursday, February 13, 2014

The Worst Songs of All Time

Those musical boffins at the "All Songs Considered" pod had a novel idea for a discussion this week, which I thought I'd share with all of you - what are the worst songs of all time. I'm sharing my top choice - Rupert Holmes' 1979 abomination "(Escape) The Pina Colada Song." Consider, if you will, the opening line - "I was tired of my lady..." Watch the embedded clip at your peril - and, please, share your worst songs of all time here.

4 Comments:

Blogger Someone Said said...

I have to go with "I've Never Been to Me" by Charlene. Pithy, pathetic, aural ipecac. Because I care about all of you, not going to put a link here.

9:04 AM  
Blogger United We Stand said...

Love this song!

7:09 PM  
Blogger manunitedrules said...

Anything by the Monkees, Bread , the Carpenters, Sweet, Jefferson Starship, Mister Mister, Corey Hart,and a lot of songs from 1974.

11:04 PM  
Blogger The Blue Devil said...

Well in, you lot. Here are some of the others mentioned on the pod:

The Disney earworm "It's a Small World"
Paul McCartney - Wonderful Christmas Time
Don Henley - Dirty Laundry
Starship - We Built this City
Van Morrison - Brown Eyed Girl
Eiffel 54 - Blue
USA for Africa - We Are the World
Lou Vega - Mambo #5
Dionne Warwick - Do You Know the Way to San Jose
Toto - Africa
Hall and Oates - I Can't Go for that (No Can Do)

7:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home