Lakenheath Old Boys

We are all former students at Lakenheath High School and other public schools in East Anglia. We were in school in the 70s and 80s and drank deeply from the well of British culture of those decades - the pints, the telly, and of course the footie!

Saturday, July 04, 2015

Happy 4th of July from Big Red to the LOB!

Our favorite soccer broadcaster - Alexi Lalas - wants to wish all of you in LOB-land a very happy 4th of July!

The Cottage is a particularly happy place this weekend as I've finally gotten my precious laptop back from the shop after a two week hiatus. With all of this wedding nonsense and then technical problems, I've been neglecting the LOB - and missing it.

I'll be around for the US v. Japan World Cup Final tomorrow afternoon, if you care to join me here. Alexi will be looking for you! ;-)

6 Comments:

Blogger manunitedrules said...

Happy 4th to all LOBERS . I will be around tomorrow.

Come on England

4:04 PM  
Blogger United We Stand said...

HAPPY 4th Everyone!

ENGLAND BEAT GERMANY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well deserved!!!
They should be the ones taking on the Yanks on Sunday!!

Third place... not bad not bad at all

10:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about Chile!!!!!! My Chilean grandmother just turned 100 years old two weeks ago. I never thought she'd see Chile hoist the Copa.

9:28 AM  
Blogger manunitedrules said...

Well done England and Chile.

COME ON YOU YANKS!

9:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Indeed, go Yanks. The Blue Devil and I are alumni of UF, where Wambach played in college. Would be sweet to see her win and score (pulling even with Marta as all-time leading scorer at the women's WC).

9:44 AM  
Blogger The Blue Devil said...

I'll be pulling for a late move from Abby off the bench. She's beyond her prime at this point but she's still a legend on this side.

6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home