Lakenheath Old Boys

We are all former students at Lakenheath High School and other public schools in East Anglia. We were in school in the 70s and 80s and drank deeply from the well of British culture of those decades - the pints, the telly, and of course the footie!

Saturday, May 20, 2023

Do or Die Weekend

 

Morning, chaps - it's crunch time for those at top and bottom of the league again this weekend. City have just about wrapped up the title but there is still a lot to play for at in the European competitions qualification race. At the bottom, Soton are down, leaving Leicester, Everton, Forest and my beloved Leeds trying desperately to avoid the drop. 

We start with Spurs v. Brentford early doors. Spurs are just about out of the Champions League race but will want to secure their Europa League spot. At 10am, the match I'll have my eye firmly on is Wolves v. Everton. Of course, I'll be hoping that the Midlanders can do us a favor. Similarly, Gooner's Arsenal side could do us a solid against Forest at 12:30. It will be nailbiting. Join me for the agony fest, won't you? 

4 Comments:

Blogger manunitedrules said...

Good Morning, Bob. Thanks for getting us started. Sorry I won't be around today, but getting ready to leave for a pickle ball tournament. Should be around for all the matches tomorrow.

9:21 AM  
Blogger The Blue Devil said...

Morning, David - hope you enjoy your pickle ball outing today. I’m just getting to the football.

10:25 AM  
Blogger The Blue Devil said...

I’m really heartened by the Spurs loss this morning. If we survive the weekend I think we could beat them next weekend.

10:28 AM  
Blogger The Blue Devil said...

Everybody Hwang Chung tonight! Wolves take the lead over Everton!

11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home