Lakenheath Old Boys

We are all former students at Lakenheath High School and other public schools in East Anglia. We were in school in the 70s and 80s and drank deeply from the well of British culture of those decades - the pints, the telly, and of course the footie!

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

World Cup Predictions Game Update


We'll get a bit of breather from the World Cup over the next two days - I'll be in serious withdrawal by lunchtime tomorrow! - so it's time to take stock of our Predictions Game standings. The good news is we are some seriously knowledgeable footie fans and have made some good predictions to date. Here's where we stand:

Gooner71 - 46 points ( 6 teams still remaining)

United We Stand - 46 points (6 teams still remaining)

Gatorbob - 45 points (7 teams still remaining)

AZKicker - 42 points (6 teams still remaining)

Trevor Brooking - 38 points (5 teams still remaining)

Still a lot of footie to play. Enjoy it. I'll be back to update the standings on Saturday after England crush those cheating Portuguese bastards!

3 Comments:

Blogger United We Stand said...

Wow, Bob has seven of the eight still standing. Pretty impressive. Of course, the Gooner and I have more points.
I heard a stat that all the previous winners of the world cup that were in the tournament are still there.
I also noticed, I didn't hear it from anyone, that each of the eight first round groups are still represented in the quarter-finals. Every group winner except Switzerland and Spain are represented. France and the Ukraine take their places. I thought that was pretty interesting. I wonder if happens most of the time?
I was reallly bummed about being disabled yesterday near the end of the Brazil match and for the entire France match. I did follow along Bob.
Strange that the website allowed me to post an entry but not comment on it.

8:54 AM  
Blogger gatorbob said...

Yes, Dave, thanks for the shout-out. The only team that I missed out on was the hosts - Germany. I fancied Sweden back before the World Cup started. Silly me - you never bet against the Germans!

The teams that are still left in are a bit predictable - six European teams and the two South American perennials. If history is anything, you'd have to bet on a European side to win on European soil - England?

The blog is still technically a bit of a mystery to me. I've emailed the Support team about your problem and hopefully they'll sort it out for the weekend's games. Will you be around on Friday? Looking forward to it!

10:59 AM  
Blogger United We Stand said...

I will be home for the all the quarters

11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home