Lakenheath Old Boys

We are all former students at Lakenheath High School and other public schools in East Anglia. We were in school in the 70s and 80s and drank deeply from the well of British culture of those decades - the pints, the telly, and of course the footie!

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Sorry Bob, I am taking your lead here.


I actually came up with this trivia question by myself.

What happened for the first time in the 1990 World Cup Final and has happened in every World Cup Final since?

7 Comments:

Blogger gatorbob said...

A song by Celine Dion before kick-off?

5:00 PM  
Blogger United We Stand said...

Serious guesses please!!!!

9:18 PM  
Blogger United We Stand said...

I mean, I did come up with this by myself.

9:19 PM  
Blogger United We Stand said...

That is correct.
Well done my boy
Every team had scored in each final until 1990 when Germany beat the Argies 1-0. Of course, in '94 neither team scored,(typical for the USA Cup, more ammo for the Yanks) "98 France beat Brazil 3-0 and '02 Brazil beat Germany 2-0.
HERE'S TO STOPPING THE ROT ON SUNDAY!!

I got the message from Steve about coming down. I really wish I could but we are very busy this weekend. I am soooo jealous of you guys.

10:07 PM  
Blogger gooner71 said...

Sorry to hear that Davey. We'll miss you too.

2:23 PM  
Blogger United We Stand said...

Hey, when are you guys all getting together?
Kathy has just told me that she is having a little party tonight for my birthday(you all knew it was my b-day, right?)It was supposed to be a small little thing and now more than twenty people are coming for beer and cake. Feel free to stop by.

6:04 PM  
Blogger gooner71 said...

Are you taking your phone? Let us know when the waiters put the sombrero on you and we'll chime in with the rest on the happy birthday song.

5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home