Lakenheath Old Boys

We are all former students at Lakenheath High School and other public schools in East Anglia. We were in school in the 70s and 80s and drank deeply from the well of British culture of those decades - the pints, the telly, and of course the footie!

Sunday, July 02, 2006

World Cup Predictions Game Update


On a less controversial topic, here's the update of the standings of our little Predictions Game after the Quarterfinals:

United We Stand - 58 points (2 teams left - Germany and Italy)

Gatorbob - 57 points (2 teams left - Italy and Portugal)

Gooner71 - 52 points (1 team left - Italy)

AZKicker - 48 points (1 team left - Portugal)

Trevor Brooking - 38 points (0 teams left - sorry, mate!)

Good luck to all of you in the Semis!

2 Comments:

Blogger United We Stand said...

How dare Gatorbob and AZKicker dare pick PORTUGAL

5:33 PM  
Blogger gatorbob said...

I know that it looks bad, Dave, but keep this in mind. I expected Sweden to top Group B, so I had England beating Germany, not Ecuador in the Round of Sixteen and then getting knocked out by Argentina. I didn't pick Portugal over England because I didn't expect them to meet up. I thought Portugal would beat Sweden in the quarters and then run into a rampant Brazil in the Semis. That's how much I know! Good job predicting Germany and Italy, mate.

6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home