Lakenheath Old Boys

We are all former students at Lakenheath High School and other public schools in East Anglia. We were in school in the 70s and 80s and drank deeply from the well of British culture of those decades - the pints, the telly, and of course the footie!

Friday, November 24, 2006

Separated at birth?



Last year at some point, I commented on how uncanny the resemblance between Lee Carsley of Everton and L-O-B's Steve Caldwell was.

I've just finished watching the CL Highlights show and another uncanny resemblance came to me. Not physical resemblance necessarily but next time you get a chance, watch Benfica's Miccoli and see if you don't see an echo or two of that Nocito magic in the way that this guy is always there or there abouts with a cool finish. I'm sure I'm not the only one who will concur.

6 Comments:

Blogger gatorbob said...

Blimey, that is uncanny. If Miccoli had a slightly shaggier barnet and a greasy navy blue anorak on, he would be our fair UWS correspondent.

So, any nominations for me? And if you put forward Jan Koller or any other "Lurch"-like individual, I'm having ya!

6:53 PM  
Blogger United We Stand said...

Well thank you Gooner. I am a lot fatter these days but I am still putting a bulge in the onion bag on a regular basis!!!!
I haven't seen this guy play. Let's just hope he is no where near the right place at the right time and he can't kick his way out of a wet paper bag on December 6th

8:41 AM  
Blogger gooner71 said...

Jaap Stam, Jaaaaaaap Stam.

10:34 AM  
Blogger gatorbob said...

Oooh, that is brutal. Surely I'm not quite as Cro-Magnon as Jaap? I'll accept "a less hirsute Paolo Maldini."

6:29 PM  
Blogger gooner71 said...

If Wayne wore a toupee, perhaps. Wait about 10 more years and put some horn-rim glasses on me and you're getting nearer. Unfortunately.

10:03 PM  
Blogger gooner71 said...

Bob-san, it's just that it's the same lovely slapping sound when you connect ball to head!

10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home