Lakenheath Old Boys

We are all former students at Lakenheath High School and other public schools in East Anglia. We were in school in the 70s and 80s and drank deeply from the well of British culture of those decades - the pints, the telly, and of course the footie!

Friday, April 20, 2007

Great Monty Python Moments


Here's my all-time favorite Python clip - International Philosophy Football. As a kid I didn't get all of the philosophical references, but there is some clever stuff in there. I love it, for example that the German strike force is made up of Heidegger and Wittgenstein and that Marx is warming up on the bench as a super sub. Looking at it again, it appears that what I once thought was a really good goal by the Greeks is in fact a really good own goal. Check it out - it appears the Greeks when they finally sort themselves out kick off into their own half and then score in their own net - am I wrong? In any case, it's magic. Enjoy!

1 Comments:

Blogger United We Stand said...

Absolute CLASSIC!!!!!

My favorite line..."and Marx thinks it's offside"

I first thought that about going the wrong way but.... it is the last minute of the game so it is the second half. You can also see the German keeper contemplating things walking on his line.

Again, one of my favorites.

6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home