Lakenheath Old Boys

We are all former students at Lakenheath High School and other public schools in East Anglia. We were in school in the 70s and 80s and drank deeply from the well of British culture of those decades - the pints, the telly, and of course the footie!

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Political Thread of the Week

The 24-hour concert extravaganza Live Earth is coming up on Saturday and while most of us will merely be grooving on the likes of the reunited Police set, there is a serious political agenda that sponsors such as Al Gore are trying to inject into the dialogue surrounding the concerts this week. Attendees of the nine concerts will be asked to sign on to the following seven-point declaration:
Now, I've got no issue with the points that are more social, but those that focus on individuals being more "carbon neutral" chap my ass. Afterall I can sort my recycled goods til I'm blue in the face but the Target Megasuperstore down the block is always going to swamp my puny efforts.

This objection isn't going to prevent me from tuning into Bravo at 9 a.m. on Saturday - and I'm be blogging on and off here during the day if you choose to join me - but it may dampen my enthusiasm a bit. Any comments?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home