Lakenheath Old Boys

We are all former students at Lakenheath High School and other public schools in East Anglia. We were in school in the 70s and 80s and drank deeply from the well of British culture of those decades - the pints, the telly, and of course the footie!

Thursday, May 01, 2008

D-Day at Elland Road

In a couple of hours we'll hear back from the independent tribunal that has been looking at Leeds United's claim that fifteen points were wrongly taken from us at the beginning of the season. The results could be dramatic. If we get them back, we'll immediately be launched into second place with a decent shout at the Division 1 title - our first silverware in nearly twenty years. And we'll no doubt be launched into some more legal matters. I've got all digits crossed.

6 Comments:

Blogger chelskilad said...

Unlucky Bob .

They will just have to do it the hard way

12:02 PM  
Blogger gatorbob said...

Bugger!

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/leedsunited/Leeds-United-lose-15-point.4043471.jp

1:13 PM  
Blogger United We Stand said...

Sorry Mate

3:18 PM  
Blogger gatorbob said...

Cheers, I suppose we'll have to win promotion twice this season, right? I'm reasonably confident about our playoff prospects. We're in good form right now.

3:33 PM  
Blogger gooner71 said...

Sorry mate. I've been out of it with our houseguest. I only just finished watching a really disappointing win for Chelsea.

I really hope Dave's lot can undo them but I worry that they're just too strong. I think they've left it too late to do the double, but I think it's going to be Blue Square rather than Red in Moscow.

I hope I'm wrong.

10:45 PM  
Blogger gatorbob said...

Surely if anyone can put the fix in in Moscow, it's Roman Abramovic, eh?

11:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home