Lakenheath Old Boys

We are all former students at Lakenheath High School and other public schools in East Anglia. We were in school in the 70s and 80s and drank deeply from the well of British culture of those decades - the pints, the telly, and of course the footie!

Monday, December 14, 2009

A Decade of Turkeys


We'll be dealing with the best films of the year shortly, but I was amused to see the following list of the decade's twenty worst films on Huffington Post. Read the full post here:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/12/12/the-worst-movies-of-the-d_n_375849.html

20. Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
19. The Wicker Man
18. Daddy Day Camp
17. Lady in the Water
16. Sleuth
15. The Adventures of Pluto Nash
14. Norbit
13. The Love Guru
12. Freddy vs. Jason
11. Swept Away
10. I Know Who Killed Me
9. Employee of the Month
8. Disaster Month
7. Gigli
6. Bratz: The Movie
5. Battlefield Earth
4. Freddy Got Fingered
3. Torque
2. The Hottie and the Nottie
1. Glitter

So, how many of these did you suffer through?

4 Comments:

Blogger gooner71 said...

From this list, I only saw the Indiana Jones one. And it was simply not good, not actively bad.

In fact, it's not as if these films didn't publicize the cast. Are you seriously saying that right-minded people see Martin Lawrence's, Madonna's, Eddie Murphy's, Mariah Carey's, or Tom Green's name above the title and don't think, "not for me?"

I admit that I violated that rule in 2002 and paid for two tickets to see the "I Spy" turkey, even though I knew Eddie Murphy was the star. But I learned from the experience.

If I'd compiled this list, I would have included "Agent Cody Banks II," the volume and stupidity of which was like an assault with a sock full of quarters.

But even that just couldn't have been as bad as 2002's Dana Carvey vehicle, "Master Of Disguise." I may be imagining it, but in one scene, I thought Jennifer Esposito was blinking morse code that spelled out "w-i-l-l--n-e-v-e-r--w-o-r-k--a-g-a-i-n." Master Of Disguise is the high water mark of all bad movies IMHO.

12:16 PM  
Blogger gooner71 said...

Dang, I just thought of the abomination that was "Anastasia" but that was from 1997. That would have to be my worst movie of the 90's then.

12:17 PM  
Blogger The Blue Devil said...

I totally agree with you, Gooner. If you're idea of a good time on a Saturday night is the latest Paris Hilton vanity project, you deserve the worst.

I'm happy to be able to report that I didn't waste my time on any of these turkeys.

To my mind, it's a serviceable list. I really didn't have any disagreements or omissions, just additions. Surely there is room on the list for one or two from the Vin Diesel oeuvre?

9:21 PM  
Blogger Bivalve88 said...

"Nacho Libre" and "Beverly Hills Chihuahua" didn't make the list?? I'm shocked.

12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home