Lakenheath Old Boys

We are all former students at Lakenheath High School and other public schools in East Anglia. We were in school in the 70s and 80s and drank deeply from the well of British culture of those decades - the pints, the telly, and of course the footie!

Monday, April 26, 2010

England: The Prognosis

Wayne Rooney today verbalized what I've been thinking for some time - that is, that the starting XI might be fully fit by the time that the titanic clash with the US on June 12 rolls around. Here's what it looks like to me:

1. Green (Fit but a bit rubbish)
2. Johnson (Fit)
3. Ferdinand (Fit)
4. Terry (Fit but in poor form)
5. Cole, A. (Just back to fitness)
6. Barry (Fit)
7. Lennon (2-3 weeks out)
8. Lamps (Fit and scoring!)
9. Gerrard (Fit)
10. Rooney (2-3 weeks out)
11. Crouch (Fit)

I'd be really curious to see your starting XI's and how you think the side is shaping up.

3 Comments:

Blogger United We Stand said...

For starters... I would have Joe Hart in the net.
He has been the star keeper!

I would definitely take Dawson for cover for either Rio or Terry
As for wing, Milner deserves a spot
I am with you on Rooney and Crouch up top

7:05 PM  
Blogger gooner71 said...

I'm thinking the same David. Robert Green has faced another season being shellacked at least once a fortnight. Keeping is a confidence position and I just can't see that he could possibly have his head straight after picking the ball out of his own net 62 times and lost half of the time he's pulled on a shirt. Joe Hart's been playing well for a mediocre team that's only allowed 44 goals. Don Fabio should have taken every opportunity to put Joe Hart in goal for England to get the new-boy yips out of him.

Milner is a good shout and so is Carlton Cole. Put him with Roon and see if they can feed off each other.

10:51 PM  
Blogger gooner71 said...

I daresay I might start Milner so that you could have the option of throwing something like Lennon and Theo at the opposition if it needed that kind of switch up.

Cashley's return is a big help and I don't see any good alternatives there at all.

Terry is a huge worry. A terribly flawed person and footballer. I could see him contributing to something awful with the bad form he's in. I hope Rio knows that it's his responsibility to buck the idiot up.

10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home