Lakenheath Old Boys

We are all former students at Lakenheath High School and other public schools in East Anglia. We were in school in the 70s and 80s and drank deeply from the well of British culture of those decades - the pints, the telly, and of course the footie!

Monday, May 17, 2010

Latest Trivia Question


I actually came up with this question all by my lonesome!
I asked my son, Matt, the question and he got it within five minutes

What team started and finished this season in exactly the same place in the Premier League?


UWS

8 Comments:

Blogger The Blue Devil said...

Intriguing question, Dave. Let me clarify what you're asking. By "the same place they started," do you mean the alphabetical listing of teams before the first match or the rankings after the first match?

6:38 PM  
Blogger The Blue Devil said...

Well, okay. Be coy about it. I'm going to assume that it's the former, so I'll guess Sunderland.

8:12 PM  
Blogger United We Stand said...

It is the former but your guess is incorret

8:45 PM  
Blogger The Blue Devil said...

West Ham? I think they might be one off but it's close.

10:43 PM  
Blogger United We Stand said...

Anyone else?
My son has put you all to shame!!

7:10 AM  
Blogger The Blue Devil said...

At least I'm still guessing. As I tell my students, you can't get points if you don't darken in that bubble, eh?

How about Everton, then. Am I getting warmer?

12:55 PM  
Blogger United We Stand said...

You are boiling!
Yes, it is Everton.
They started the season in eighth place alphabetically and ended in the same spot

Arsenal did it in '03 and '98

Has it happened other times?
Well done Bob... the rest of you STINK!!!

3:13 PM  
Blogger gooner71 said...

Arsenal started at the Emirates and finished there too. So there.

2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home