Lakenheath Old Boys

We are all former students at Lakenheath High School and other public schools in East Anglia. We were in school in the 70s and 80s and drank deeply from the well of British culture of those decades - the pints, the telly, and of course the footie!

Friday, December 31, 2010

New Year's Resolutions

As the clock ticks down to midnight here in Blighty and I enjoy Jools Holland's annual New Year's Hootenanny on the Beebs, I thought I'd kick off our annual resolutions thread. Remember, it's all just a bit of fun - no one's really going to hold you to losing those extra pounds. In any case, here are three things I'm planning to work on in 2011:

1. Write every day. I'll be starting on my second book this year and I'd like to have a couple of chapters to show publishers by the end of the summer. I won't hold myself to page length but I want to write something every day.

2. Swim three times a week. I managed this for most of the year this year and did yoga during the weeks that the pool was shut. Looking for more of the same in 2011.

3. Buy a new DVD/VCR. I've been dealing with one that hasn't worked properly for ages now and been putting off buying another. Now's the time.

That's it. Very reasonable. Happy New Year, LOBers!

2 Comments:

Blogger West Ham Rising said...

1. Rock the P90X
2. Rock the 930 Club
3. Rewrite The Mighty Sugar Cubes making Emma, the protagonist 15 yo and adding subplots.
4. Keep a journal of the books I read this year.

8:51 PM  
Blogger Bivalve88 said...

1. Read more. Alivia and I are slogging our way through the Harry Potter series, and it's been great fun, but I'm ready to read something adult.

2. Plant a garden. I had to give up my fabulous garden when we moved . The seed catalogs have started to arrive and the grid paper is out, pencil sharpened. Woo hoo!

3. Get exercise in some form, on a regular basis. Since going back to work full-time, I have worked out exactly zero times. I know I should make this goal more quantitative, but I haven't thought that far yet. I just know that I need to get up off my butt earlier in the morning to git 'er done.

I'd also like to plan meals better so that we have fewer dinners of macaroni and cheese or omelettes this year , solve our squirrel problem, and travel more. Maybe next year!

9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home