Lakenheath Old Boys

We are all former students at Lakenheath High School and other public schools in East Anglia. We were in school in the 70s and 80s and drank deeply from the well of British culture of those decades - the pints, the telly, and of course the footie!

Friday, January 21, 2011

Favorite Karaoke Tunes

After this week's epic karaoke battle with the Friends Across Borders crew in Belize, I got to thinking about my experiences doing karaoke in Japan. My favorite tunes to cover have always run to the corny and ridiculous, often performed in small groups or duet style. Here is my top ten in reverse order:

10. Sir Mix-a-lot - Baby Got Back
9. Shania Twain - I Feel Like a Woman
8. Merle Haggard - Mama Tried
7. Bon Jovi - Living on a Prayer (mainly for the vocoder effect)
6. Sonny and Cher - I Got You, Babe
5. Sisqo - The Thong Song
4. Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody
3. Carl Douglas - Kung Fu Fighting
2. Bobby Darin - Mack the Knife

And my all time favorite....

1. Peaches and Herb - Reunited

So, what are your "go to" karaoke tunes?

3 Comments:

Blogger gooner71 said...

Cheap Trick "Surrender" and Van Halen "Jump" and Frank Sinatra "Summer Wind"

6:44 PM  
Blogger West Ham Rising said...

I've never once sang karaoke . . .but if I did, I think I'd go for John Waite's "Missing You"

10:13 PM  
Blogger Someone Said said...

Have not done it in years, but my go to was always "Secret Agent Man" by Johnny Rivers.

11:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home