Lakenheath Old Boys

We are all former students at Lakenheath High School and other public schools in East Anglia. We were in school in the 70s and 80s and drank deeply from the well of British culture of those decades - the pints, the telly, and of course the footie!

Friday, April 01, 2011

What's on at the Movies?

I realized in horror the other day that it was the end of March and I still hadn't seen any movies actually released in 2011. Now, to be fair, the early spring is usually a film wasteland when the majors dump the films that haven't screened well on unwitting film geeks. Knowing this, I usually spend January and February catching up on Oscar picks that I hadn't had a chance to see in November and December. But by this point, I've usually seen two or three decent efforts (e.g., "Shutter Island" and "The Ghost Writer" in 2010). This year....nothing. The only thing on the horizon seems to be the new Paul Giamatti movie "Win-Win," which hasn't quite made it to western NY yet.

So, what's out there worth watching? What have you enjoyed so far this year? Keep in mind, now, that I'm a 47-year old with no kids in tow, so I can't really get away with dropping in on the likes of "Rango" without risking arrest for pederasty. So movies for adults only, please.

2 Comments:

Blogger West Ham Rising said...

I saw Win Win last night . . . really enjoyed it, and think you will too. Saw Limitless two weeks ago. It had its moments, but in the end it failed to deliver.

4:04 PM  
Blogger gooner71 said...

Eric and I saw Paul. We liked it for what it was, a quick laugh and nothing that will stick with you for a long time.

I'd like to see Win Win so thanks for validating that. Some things in that circular advertising the DC Film Fest looked ok too.

Eric and I will probably see Suckerpunch before too much longer.

7:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home