Lakenheath Old Boys

We are all former students at Lakenheath High School and other public schools in East Anglia. We were in school in the 70s and 80s and drank deeply from the well of British culture of those decades - the pints, the telly, and of course the footie!

Thursday, June 02, 2011

80s TV Catchphrase Quiz

As we're dipping into some serious 80s nostalgia with our LOB book club, I thought it might be fun to post a quiz on the most awesome 80s catchphrases.

Who is known for the following catchphrases?



1. "I know you are but what am I?"

2. "O-tay!"

3. "I pity the fool!"

4. "Whatchu talkin' 'bout, Willis?"

5. "Ze plane, ze plane!"

6. "Shazzbot!"

7. "Well...isn't that special."

8. "We'll be back in two and two."

9. "Make it so!"

10. "Holy Macanoly!"

Good luck!

7 Comments:

Blogger United We Stand said...

1. Pee Herman
2. Buckwheat...Eddie Murphy
3. Mr. T
4. Little guy on Different Strokes
5. Little guy on Fantasy Island
6. Mork
7. Church Lady
8. ?
9. ?
10 ?

No cheating whatsoever

12:48 PM  
Blogger The Blue Devil said...

Nice one, UWS! Absolutely correct on all seven. Btw, the "Little Guy" on Diff'rent Strokes was Gary Coleman (RIP). The "Little Guy" on Fantasy Island was Herve Villechaize (aka "Tattoo") (also RIP).

1:06 PM  
Blogger gooner71 said...

8. Ryan Giggs trying to count how many years he'll continue playing before he saw SAF shaking his head, "No."
9. Sir Alex Ferguson.
10. The crowd at Old Trafford watching Wes Brown.

1:59 PM  
Blogger United We Stand said...

Just by luck, I was flipping through the channels and happened to be on Star Trek and heard Picard say "Make is so"
Is that right for #9 or was that just a BIG coincidence?

9:15 AM  
Blogger The Blue Devil said...

You're absolutely right on that. Patrick Stewart as Jean Luc Picard. How about 8 and 10 now?

4:31 PM  
Blogger United We Stand said...

I failed!
So, I cheated.... well reserched...
#8 Chuck Woolery... Love Connection
#10 Punky Brewster


I am actually very proud of myself for not knowing those two!!

10:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ӏ don't even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was great. I don't know whο you are but definitely уou're going to a famous blogger if you aren't already ;) Cheerѕ!


Ϻy website; sensual massage web site
my web site - tantric massage

10:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home