Lakenheath Old Boys

We are all former students at Lakenheath High School and other public schools in East Anglia. We were in school in the 70s and 80s and drank deeply from the well of British culture of those decades - the pints, the telly, and of course the footie!

Thursday, September 01, 2011

What a Performance Ten Years Ago Today!!!


Can you believe it has been TEN YEARS since this night in Munich. I wasn't able to watch it live but I have seen the highlights many times. Have a look

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=au0YthcBGUg&feature=related


I still don't know how to add a link


Enjoy,

UWS

6 Comments:

Blogger United We Stand said...

"This is getting better and better and better'

8:13 AM  
Blogger United We Stand said...

The first three goals were all set up by brilliant headers!

8:21 AM  
Blogger United We Stand said...

Of course, this group was only won with the Beckham free kick against Greece

Even worse, Germany made the DAMN FINAL... ENGLAND DIDN'T!!

8:22 AM  
Blogger gooner71 said...

But what a night eh? Fantastic memory.

10:29 PM  
Blogger manunitedrules said...

I remember that match. I was shocked to see that England had thrashed the Germans in their back yard. After that match I was certain England were one of the favorites to win the World Cup. If they met someone other than Brazil in the quarters then they would have been certain to have had a rematch in the final. It was a great memory.

10:40 PM  
Blogger The Blue Devil said...

I was living in Japan and didn't have access to the match, so it was my dad who called and told me the result the next day. I didn't believe him at first.

Mottie's commentary is classic!

9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home