Lakenheath Old Boys

We are all former students at Lakenheath High School and other public schools in East Anglia. We were in school in the 70s and 80s and drank deeply from the well of British culture of those decades - the pints, the telly, and of course the footie!

Thursday, October 06, 2011

Footie Riddler of the Week

It's international week again, so I thought I'd hit all of you with an England-related riddler.

"We all remember that it was Germany's Dieti Hamann who scored the last ever international goal at the old Wembley Stadium before it was remodeled; but who scored the last England goal at the old Wembley?"

Good luck, lads!

4 Comments:

Blogger gooner71 said...

Tony Adams. This trivia comes up on the Alan Davies podcast from time to time.

4:21 PM  
Blogger The Blue Devil said...

Yeah - I probably got it there and jotted it down on my blotter. Strangely, I don't remember the goal. The final match with the Hamann goal was disastrously a 1-niller after which King Kev resigned as England manager.

6:25 PM  
Blogger United We Stand said...

Very interesting. I would never have gotten that one

6:51 AM  
Blogger gooner71 said...

I think he headed it home from a flick-on from a corner. That's my memory of it.

10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home