Lakenheath Old Boys

We are all former students at Lakenheath High School and other public schools in East Anglia. We were in school in the 70s and 80s and drank deeply from the well of British culture of those decades - the pints, the telly, and of course the footie!

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Premiership Plus Predictions Game - Week 37 Update!

We're getting down to the bare nub of the domestic season, with the last set of Premiership matches on Sunday morning, the Champions League Final the following Saturday and the Championship Playoff Final on Memorial Day. I've gone over my figures for this season's PPP several times and it appears to me that Man Utd Rules now has an unassailable lead with 39 points. United We Stand will agonizingly finish one point behind him. In the end, MUR's bet on Cardiff for the Championship title (3 pts) has trumped UWS' pick, albeit in the wrong place, of Wigan for the drop (2 pts). A real nail-biter, in other words - here are the current standings:

1. Man Utd Rules - 39 points
2. United We Stand - 38 pts
3. Matthew - 26 pts
- Thomas - 26 pts
5. Blue Devil - 17 pts
6. Gooner71 - 15 pts
- Simon Burke - 15 pts
8. Red Devil FCK1 - 14 pts
9. Chelskilad - 13 pts
- Someone Said - 13 pts
- West Ham Rising - 13 pts
12. AZ Kicker - 7 pts

9 Comments:

Blogger United We Stand said...

I'm devastated!

So is Bob!!
He has to mail the trophy all the way to Texas instead of handing it over to me on Memorial Day Weekend

6:56 PM  
Blogger gooner71 said...

Oh Lord, we may have to schedule a pitch-side presentation of the LOB shield in Fred-town in October.

6:56 PM  
Blogger gooner71 said...

Oh, wait. I've got my Mancs confused. It goes to Texas, right?

6:57 PM  
Blogger United We Stand said...

That would have been great with a pitch-side ceremony... after the Red Dragons crush the Blue Devils

9:01 PM  
Blogger United We Stand said...

I want to complain about the false advertising!!!

Last week, with the points allotted, I was behind by one point. I gained points with Wigan going down.... but did not jump MUR.....I AM GUTTED!!!

9:03 PM  
Blogger manunitedrules said...

I am just as surprised. I was sure I had lost out when Wigan lost on Tuesday.I guess with Wigan already in the relegation spot the points had already been allotted. I am really delighted!

11:23 PM  
Blogger manunitedrules said...

You call me any Manc as long as it's not Bobby Manc! Anything but that!

11:34 PM  
Blogger The Blue Devil said...

A couple of points. I don't know why UWS (or anyone else) thought he'd gain points by Wigan being relegated. Wigan have been in the dropzone for weeks now and I always allocate the points for those league positions throughout the season, otherwise, people would be on nil points until April.

Secondly, I have no problem at all mailing the Shield. When Gooner found the Shield last year, I immediately committed mailing it to wherever it had to go, whether that's to AZ in Arizona or Chelskilad in the UK. I'm hoping that each holder will uphold that commitment and make sure that the Shield gets to the next winner at the end of each season.

6:25 PM  
Blogger United We Stand said...

i know... it was my bad!

6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home