Lakenheath Old Boys

We are all former students at Lakenheath High School and other public schools in East Anglia. We were in school in the 70s and 80s and drank deeply from the well of British culture of those decades - the pints, the telly, and of course the footie!

Wednesday, October 09, 2013

LOB Fred-Town Reunion!

As CW McCall would put it, it looks like we got ourselves an LOB Reunion. The fun starts tomorrow when I'll be picking up MUR at the Buffalo Airport. Gooner and Dad will be arriving around 6ish. Then on Friday, the fun really kicks off. The highlight will be the big one between my beloved Blue Devils and the Cortland Red Dragons, featuring Thomas "The Red Dragon" Nocito. Then it's back to the Cottage for World Cup qualifiers, pizza and the best wings on the planet. Saturday, we have a chance of catch up with Someone Said who will be in town for Alumni Weekend. It will be EPIC!

1 Comments:

Blogger The Blue Devil said...

I am having a blast. THings have been improvised a tad bit. The flight from Chicago to Buffalo was cancelled so I grabbed a flight with Peggy to Cleveland. She grew up in Fred Town and is a Cortland alum . We rode from Cleveland to The Cottage,a two and a half hour ride. Back in July, a friend told me that northern Pa is very scenic. Little was I to know a few months later that I would pass through the same area. I enjoyed being part of a 90th birthday celebration and inadvertently assisting on the only goal in the Fred Town vs Cortland match. enjoyed watching some World Cup qualifiers too.

10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home