Lakenheath Old Boys

We are all former students at Lakenheath High School and other public schools in East Anglia. We were in school in the 70s and 80s and drank deeply from the well of British culture of those decades - the pints, the telly, and of course the footie!

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Shhhhh! Don't Mention 1973.

It's the last day of the World Cup qualifying round. I'll be on the road to Saratoga Springs for a tedious conference, so I'll miss out on all the action. Still - I thought I'd post this thread so that any of you can chip in about the results today. Come on, you England boys!

3 Comments:

Blogger manunitedrules said...

Unfortunately, I will not be around because I will be teaching all afternoon. I was still feeling the effects of jet lag yesterday and fell asleep early last night. This morning I forgot to tape the match and don't know if the match will be shown again at a later time. I agree with the heading.

12:27 PM  
Blogger The Blue Devil said...

An hour from game-time and I'm about to hit the road, Jack. A quick check on the scores. Russia are 0-1 up at Azer. Israel are 1-0 up over Norn Ireland and Portugal are sealing their spot in the playoffs with a 2-0 lead over Luxembourg.

1:58 PM  
Blogger United We Stand said...

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home