Lakenheath Old Boys

We are all former students at Lakenheath High School and other public schools in East Anglia. We were in school in the 70s and 80s and drank deeply from the well of British culture of those decades - the pints, the telly, and of course the footie!

Friday, January 02, 2015

The New Year's Resolutions Thread

This is the time of year when we share New Year's Resolutions in this space. After a 2014 that saw me get tenured, start my new job as department chair, get a book contract and become engaged, 2015 is going to be a hard follow-up act. However, there are plenty of things I’ll be working on this year. This includes:

1. Get Married - June 20 is going to be the most important date for me this year. when I’ll be marrying Kate Douglass at the Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens in Richmond, VA. It’ll be one hell of a party.

2. Finish the Book - Now that I’ve got a contract for my book on the images of social studies teachers in Hollywood films, I have to finish the manuscript by December.

3. Break the 50 Lap Mark - I’ve been swimming in the Fredonia pool at lunchtime more consistently since the fall in order to break up my long workday. So, it’s high time that I reached my goal of 50 laps during the hour.

So, what's on your list - do tell. 




2 Comments:

Blogger manunitedrules said...

Those are definitely some great resolutions and it will be hard to top. I will give it my best shot.My goals will be about maintaining what I did this past year instead of having new goals.

1) Maintain my weight. I never mentioned this to anyone, but I lost 35 pounds since last summer and I'm not talking British currency. I changed my eating habits and it worked. I will work hard to maintain that.

2 ) I worked on being a calmer, more patient person this year. I feel that for the first time in years I made progress in that direction. This is still a work in progress, so I will try hard to continue improving.

3) Pay off some large bills. I plan to have that done by the time the school year ends. That will make it more affordable for the family and I to do some extras that we haven't been able top do for a while.

4) Help my daughters progress academically. They are getting older and the oldest one will be in college in a couple of years , so I will do whatever I can to help.

That is my list

9:22 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

شركة تنظيف بجازان التنظيف المثالي
شركات تنظيف في جازان التنظيف المثالي
شركات التنظيف في جازان التنظيف المثالي
شركه تنظيف في جيزان التنظيف المثالي
شركة نظافة في جازان
التنظيف المثالي

شركات التنظيف في جازان التنظيف المثالي
شركات تنظيف في جيزان التنظيف المثالي
شركات نظافة في جازان التنظيف المثالي
شركة تنظيف بجازان
التنظيف المثالي

شركات تنظيف منازل في جازان التنظيف المثالي
شركات تنظيف المنازل في جازان التنظيف المثالي

8:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home