Lakenheath Old Boys

We are all former students at Lakenheath High School and other public schools in East Anglia. We were in school in the 70s and 80s and drank deeply from the well of British culture of those decades - the pints, the telly, and of course the footie!

Thursday, June 18, 2020

RIP Dame Vera Lynn

Sad news out of Blighty today of the death of Dame Vera Lynn. Growing up in Britain, I found that Dame Vera was a constant presence and a national treasure. She's best known for the World War II anthem "We'll Meet Again," which contains these iconic lyrics:

"We'll meet again, don't know where, don't know when.
But I know we'll meet again some sunny day."

I still get a bit choked up when I hear a group of WWII era Britons singing that one. RIP Dame Vera!


Both Songs

1 Comments:

Blogger United We Stand said...

Great post Bob

Recently, I have been watching her videos.
We'll Meet Again and White Cliffs of Dover... gives me chills

There'll be blue birds over....the white cliffs of dover


Again.... wonderful job Bob

8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home