Lakenheath Old Boys

We are all former students at Lakenheath High School and other public schools in East Anglia. We were in school in the 70s and 80s and drank deeply from the well of British culture of those decades - the pints, the telly, and of course the footie!

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

BBC Panorama Bung Story


In case you haven't heard, the BBC documentary series "Panorama" broadcast an expose last night that they claim with "rock the world of British footie." I haven't seen it yet, so I'll have to reserve judgment, but the accusations are certainly far-reaching. At the center of the "Panorama" investigations is "Big Sam" Allardyce (couldn't happen to a nicer bloke!) and his son, 'Arry Redknapp and the entire Chelski set-up (big surprise!).

Click the following link to read the full Guardian coverage.

HERE

1 Comments:

Blogger gooner71 said...

I'm really sorry to hear that Redknapp is involved in this, but my evil heart is giddy with delight that Piltdown Sam and that Franck Arneson bastrrrrd at Chelsea are implicated.

Interesting thought perhaps that the FA may have gotten wind of this when Allardyce was in the frame to take over from Sven. I hate the bloke and at the time, I was really pleased that the FA gave him the barge-pole treatment. Now I wonder if they he was suspect all along.

Twist him in the wind!!!

1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home