Lakenheath Old Boys

We are all former students at Lakenheath High School and other public schools in East Anglia. We were in school in the 70s and 80s and drank deeply from the well of British culture of those decades - the pints, the telly, and of course the footie!

Saturday, July 21, 2007

Harry Potter Readathon

Right, lads. I got my sweaty little hands on the latest and last installment of the Harry Potter saga round about 1:30 last night and spent most of the night reading. After a bit of kip, I'm taking a day off from my qualifying exams to plow through the tome.

I won't give any secrets away here but if you feel like commenting about the book, feel free to join me here for a bit of a read.

2 Comments:

Blogger gooner71 said...

I think we're going to make a Sams Club run who are advertising the cheapest price for the new book.

Avoid the newspapers' comments on it. The Wilmington rag printed about 3 spoilers yesterday, and the editorials in today's paper are filled with howls of protest.

12:03 PM  
Blogger gatorbob said...

Nice one. Yes, I noticed that both the NYTimes and Baltimore Sun ran reviews of the new book days before it came out and rightly got a lot of shite about it in the letters column from fans.

I'm currently 500 pages in and have somehow miraculously avoided hearing the ending so I have no idea what's coming. Will check in with this thread in the days and weeks to come to see how people are feeling about it.

11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home