Lakenheath Old Boys

We are all former students at Lakenheath High School and other public schools in East Anglia. We were in school in the 70s and 80s and drank deeply from the well of British culture of those decades - the pints, the telly, and of course the footie!

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Footie Trivia Question of the Week

It's been far too long since we had one of these tasty trivia morsels on the LOB, but I think I've got a cracking one for this week:

When was the last time that the FA Cup final did not feature a team from London, Liverpool or Manchester? Who were the sides involved? What was the score?

Good luck, lads?

5 Comments:

Blogger United We Stand said...

I hate to ruin it for everyone but I know the answer.

The last final with no team from London, Liverpool or Manchester was way back in 1973.
Sunderland 1 Leeds 0

3:15 PM  
Blogger United We Stand said...

Anyone going to be following the footer? Inter vs Liverpool are in half an hour. I won't be able to stay til the end because I have to go to the college.
A full program in League 1. Let's hope Leeds can win another home game under Gary Mac.

3:18 PM  
Blogger gatorbob said...

I'll be around, mate. Shall we just continue on this thread or do you want to post a new one?

3:27 PM  
Blogger gatorbob said...

Oh, by the way, spot on with the answer. May 9, 1973 - a day that will live in footie infamy.

3:31 PM  
Blogger United We Stand said...

I just opened up a new one

3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home