Lakenheath Old Boys

We are all former students at Lakenheath High School and other public schools in East Anglia. We were in school in the 70s and 80s and drank deeply from the well of British culture of those decades - the pints, the telly, and of course the footie!

Monday, March 02, 2009

One More Reason to Stay Up Late

Jimmy Fallon takes over Conan O'Brien's "Late Night" slot on NBC at 12:30 a.m. tonight. That's great news for insomniacs like me, as Fallon was one of the funniest cast members on SNL during the early part of this decade. Even better Fallon has made the wise choice to go hip with his band, choosing my favorite hip hop ensemble The Roots as his house group. Should be fun. I'll be watching - will you?

2 Comments:

Blogger gooner71 said...

How did they do Bob? I'm interested in this because I've read that Questlove and co. have been woodshedding and learning a lot of material to play.

10:26 AM  
Blogger The Blue Devil said...

Very interesting, indeed. I have to admit that I conked out at about the 1 a.m. mark but the opening showed promise. They can obviously function as a tight and versatile band. They played a range of stuff from funk to metal and back again. Jimmy did a bit that I can imagine his using as a running joke called "Slow Jamming the News" that was fun if a little close to the bit that Jon Stewart used to do with the R. Kelly stand-in.

Apparently the Roots have got a Tuesday night residency at a club in NYC during this gig; that could be well worth checking out.

2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home