Lakenheath Old Boys

We are all former students at Lakenheath High School and other public schools in East Anglia. We were in school in the 70s and 80s and drank deeply from the well of British culture of those decades - the pints, the telly, and of course the footie!

Monday, January 25, 2010

Its Official: U.S. Ban on Haggis is Over!

Hoots, mon! It's enough to make me do a Highland Fling after a dram of single malt tonight. News coming out of the FDA today that U.S. authorities are "relaxing" the ban on the Scots staple haggis that was imposed 21 years ago amid the BSE panic. So, go on you offal fans, check in with your local butcher and get your fill of sheep's lung, liver, oatmeal mash and spices. Yum!

2 Comments:

Blogger Someone Said said...

Nothing like the great taste of spiced sheep's lung! Reminded me of a White Castle slyder when I tried it.

11:05 PM  
Blogger gooner71 said...

Every time I think of haggis I think that Bob's and my marauding ancestrial peeps inflicted this monstrous bag of offal on the Scots.

I'd rather eat this

2:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home