Lakenheath Old Boys

We are all former students at Lakenheath High School and other public schools in East Anglia. We were in school in the 70s and 80s and drank deeply from the well of British culture of those decades - the pints, the telly, and of course the footie!

Monday, February 15, 2010

What's the Most Embarrassing Tune on Your iPod?

I have a firm policy of never allowing my iPod to shuffle at will in mixed company. The reason is simple: a pure shuffle is likely to pull up an unsettling mix of Nirvana followed by Edith Piaf followed by John Cage. It also reveals the darkness at the heart of my musical soul. We chatted about our favorite bad movies last year. So, what's on your iPod that you wouldn't usually want to admit to, even among friends?

I'll own up to an unhealthy admiration for Justin Timberlake's work with Timbaland and that on a fairly regular basis, I have to "bring the Sexyback" in the car going to work. How about the rest of you?

9 Comments:

Blogger gooner71 said...

Sadly, one word: Cher

12:56 PM  
Blogger gooner71 said...

No, though that song, I might be able to pass off as "ironic" cool. No, it's "Believe," very uncool, but it's there along with Madonna's "Ray of Light."

5:55 PM  
Blogger The Blue Devil said...

You know, you laugh but that's actually a quite historic tune because it's the first Top 40 hit to employ Autotune. I remember when I first heard it, I thought, "Wow - that's really odd what they're doing to her voice in the chorus."

Now everyone and his guest DJ is doing it.

7:03 PM  
Blogger Someone Said said...

Vampire Weekend, and Bob Dylan's Christmas album.

6:44 AM  
Blogger The Blue Devil said...

Those choices are far too hip for this thread, Someone. I suspect that you're hiding Air Supply's "I'm All Out of a Love."

11:34 AM  
Blogger United We Stand said...

I have a few TV theme songs!

Waltons, Match of the Day, Grandstand, Ski Sunday!

11:50 AM  
Blogger gooner71 said...

Bet Davie has The Indoor League theme tune.

7:55 PM  
Blogger Bivalve88 said...

I guess I'd be most embarassed by some selections by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. And the fact that I tend to sing along while on the treadmill. At the gym. Yikes.

7:45 PM  
Blogger The Blue Devil said...

That sounds like a YouTube clip that I need to see, Betsy - make it happen!

10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home