Lakenheath Old Boys

We are all former students at Lakenheath High School and other public schools in East Anglia. We were in school in the 70s and 80s and drank deeply from the well of British culture of those decades - the pints, the telly, and of course the footie!

Wednesday, February 08, 2012

FABIO IS OUT!!!!


So, Fabio's has resigned as manager of the England! He supported John Terry to the end. I have no idea why he wanted to support a bloke that cheated on a teammate's wife and was racist to another teammate's brother.
Innocent until proved guilty but it is on VIDEO!
I say good riddance! I think he should have been canned after the debacle of World Cup '10. He hasn't impressed me at all
I think, with England thinking they have no chance, we could do well in the summer

Who will take over until after the season? Who will take over full time?

Thoughts

UWS

4 Comments:

Blogger manunitedrules said...

I agree. Good riddance. His heart wasn't really in it; he was just there to cash in on a bog payday prior to retirement. The real Fabio's character or lack of one showed with his stance on racism.I read the article on soccernet where Cap stated that it was an easy decision because the FA dmaged his authority and reputation over the JT decision.I am not a big fan of the FA and agree that they have no business undermining his authority, but in this case they had to and how could Cap disagree. Innnocent till proven guilty is true, but as BD stated ther was video evidence. I wonder if he cared about England in the first place. I have no idea who will be the next England manager.I was thinking Harry after the Euros, but would be surprised to see him leave Spurs before the end of the season. Then he may . You never know. I'm not sure which direction the FA is heading; whether they want an English manager or another foreign manager. Other than Harry, whch English manager has a proven track record of success?

3:54 PM  
Blogger gooner71 said...

I too think Don Fabio saw an exit open up and he took it. He must have known that to support Toxic-Tiny-Tears would be the severance point.

So now he toddles off to Russia for another big payday, while the English flail once again into another tournament.

Bring on the Teflon Trader and lets see how he fares.

5:21 PM  
Blogger The Blue Devil said...

Crikey! Harry's gets off and Fabio quits on the same day!! Where's the chance that that was mere coincidence?

I'm actually a bit jobsmacked by Fabio's decision. I had thought that the JT comments were a wink and a nod to the FA that he approved of their move (made his life easier) while he made offficial noises of support to "Toxic Tiny-Tears." I appears I was wrong.

UWS is dead-right - he should have got the sack after the disaster in SA. But here we are. The good thing now is that there is nothing for England to lose this summer. They go in without their former skipper and without their biggest star. I hope Harry (or whoever else takes over) will throw caution to the wind and play the kids.

11:10 PM  
Blogger gooner71 said...

"No doubt a man who has won one FA
Cup in his entire career knows more about winning than somebody who has won countless league titles, cups and the Champions League. And if the England players need someone like Redknapp to inject them with the necessary 'passion and spirit' to play for their country it says far
more about them than Capello."

from today's Arseblog

9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home