Lakenheath Old Boys

We are all former students at Lakenheath High School and other public schools in East Anglia. We were in school in the 70s and 80s and drank deeply from the well of British culture of those decades - the pints, the telly, and of course the footie!

Thursday, August 02, 2012

Shite Adverts on the LOB!

I'm back in Blue Devil HQ and taking care of a few bits of biz this morning. I've noticed a few irritating developments in Blogger in the past month. It started with meaningless links from the text that we'd written both in the original posts and in the comment threads that connected to advertising sites that had nothing to do with our content. Now, suddenly we've got a commercial strip at the top of our page for products such as life insurance and boner pills (are they trying to tell us something?).

I wanted to reassure you that I had nothing to do with these nefarious developments. Blogger asked me early on if I wanted to "monetize" our blog with commercials and I said "no." I didn't want to sully the purity of our content with the doings of filthy lucre. Well - I'm not having this. I'll be contacting Blogger today and telling them that we're upset with their attempt to make money off the mighty LOB - especially as we're not getting any revenue out of it!

Any thoughts?

6 Comments:

Blogger manunitedrules said...

Welcome back mate! Great to have you back.I agree with you 100%. It is really irritating that they are taking advantage of us and it must cease!As I am typing there is an ad for Free Credit Score and there are three ads from the text that you typed. GO FOR IT.
Not meaning to change the subject, but we have a surprisingly busy footie schedule for early August. Today, my eye is on a Europa league qualifier as Liverpool travel to Belarus to take on Gomel. Kickoff is at 2 PM. Tomorrow in Women's Olympic Footie, the U.S. take on New Zealand at SJP at 9:30 AM and GB takes on Canada at Coventry at 2:30 PM.I will be gone Saturday, but in men's Olympic Footie,GB takes on South Korea at the Millenium at 2:30 PM.Also I will be absent Sunday morning when Man United play at Valeranga.

12:07 PM  
Blogger United We Stand said...

I don't really know what you guys are talking about.
I don't see ads!

8:15 PM  
Blogger gooner71 said...

While you're at it, please let them know that my erection has lasted more than 3 days.

8:39 PM  
Blogger The Blue Devil said...

Really, UWS? How do I get your operating system? The blog is full of ads these days. Even at the bottom of the comment box as I type there is an ad for weight loss pills.

9:09 AM  
Blogger The Blue Devil said...

I've just sent Blogger a second message in a matter of days. No response yet. If we can't resolve this issue, do we move the LOB to another host site? I've been reasonably happy with Blogger over the years but this advertising policy is intolerable to me.

9:07 AM  
Blogger gooner71 said...

I'm sure there's an off switch. Be patient.

11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home