Lakenheath Old Boys

We are all former students at Lakenheath High School and other public schools in East Anglia. We were in school in the 70s and 80s and drank deeply from the well of British culture of those decades - the pints, the telly, and of course the footie!

Sunday, August 03, 2014

RIP: Lakenheath High School?

Sad news tonight via Facebook and our LHS classmate David Teska that our dear old alma mater is soon to be no more. That's right, friends. The building that we attended is to be demolished and the high school moved to another site. I've chatted with David tonight about starting a letter-writing campaign to save the tree that was dedicated to UWS' dad and former LHS Vice Principal Thomas Nocito. I'll let you all know about the plans for that.

Meanwhile, if you've got a memory to share about your time at LHS, let's hear it.

4 Comments:

Blogger United We Stand said...

WOW… how sad!!!

Thank you so much for the Tree Saving Effort!

11:21 AM  
Blogger manunitedrules said...

I just replied to the email that UWS sent earlier this morning and I want to be part of the tree saving effort. Let me know what I need to do. I also mentioned the student killed in the car crash. He was a friend.

12:51 PM  
Blogger The Blue Devil said...

Thanks for filling us in on the details of Dave Kelly's tragic death and the dedication of the stone for him. I hadn't heard that story.

8:30 PM  
Blogger gooner71 said...

I'd like to add my support to preserving Tom's tree too. I'd be happy to also post a link to who to contact at LHS or to DODDS on FB as well. Let me know.

As for my favorite memory, well it just has to be those drug sniffing dogs that were exercising and came across Dean Noe's Reliant Robin.

But as long as Tom's tree is saved, I'd pay to swing a hammer at that old dump.

6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home