Lakenheath Old Boys

We are all former students at Lakenheath High School and other public schools in East Anglia. We were in school in the 70s and 80s and drank deeply from the well of British culture of those decades - the pints, the telly, and of course the footie!

Friday, November 21, 2014

Footie Trivia of the Week!

It seems fitting to round off the week with an international oriented trivia. This one is in the form of a "Who am I" riddle:

1. In 2000, I graduated from the Celtic youth academy.
2. I was the first player to win both the SPFA Player of the Year and Young Player of the Year in the 2005/2006 season.
3. In an international last weekend, I played against the very same manager who gave me my professional debut.

Who Am I?

Good luck, chaps!

4 Comments:

Blogger manunitedrules said...

Here goes: Martin O'Neill became manager of Celtic around that time and is currently managing Eire . They faced Scotland last Friday, so my best guess would be Shaun Maloney, who not only played against that manager, but also scored. Is that correct?

12:00 PM  
Blogger The Blue Devil said...

Nice try but not correct. Give it another shot. Any other takers?

8:18 PM  
Blogger manunitedrules said...

How about Aiden McGeady?

9:30 PM  
Blogger The Blue Devil said...

Spot on, mate! The trick was that it was an Irish lad trained in Scotland. Well done!

9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home