Lakenheath Old Boys

We are all former students at Lakenheath High School and other public schools in East Anglia. We were in school in the 70s and 80s and drank deeply from the well of British culture of those decades - the pints, the telly, and of course the footie!

Thursday, December 03, 2015

Pop Culture Trivia of the Week

I was listening to a Fleetwood Mac tune today, which reminded me of a pop culture quiz I had been meaning to post here. Here it is:

"Name the television show that used the following pop songs as their main themes:"

1. Fleetwood Mac - "The Chain"
2. Andrew Gold - "Thank You for Being a Friend"
3. Billy Joel - "My Life"
4. Frank Sinatra - "Love and Marriage"
5. The Who - "Who are You?"
6. Boots Randolph - "Yakety Sax"
7. Waylon Jennings - "Good ol' Boys"
8. Johnny Mandel - Suicide is Painless"
9. Joe Cocker - "A Little Help from My Friends"
10. The Presidents of the United States - "Cleveland Rocks"
11. The Rembrandts - "I'll Be There For You"
12. Bud Flanagan - "Who Do You Think You Are Kidding, Mr. Hitler?"

Good luck, lads!

10 Comments:

Blogger United We Stand said...

Off the top of my head

#2 The Golden Girls
#3 Bosom Buddies
#4 Married... with Children
#7 Dukes of Hazard
#8 MASH
#11 Friends
#12 Dad's Army



I like my TV

6:51 AM  
Blogger The Blue Devil said...

Well in, mate - you were always handy with the telly tunes. But I'm surprised that you missed #1. Do a YouTube search of that one and I think you'll recognize it right away.

9:31 AM  
Blogger United We Stand said...

Didn't do any cheating!!

9:52 AM  
Blogger The Blue Devil said...

Of course not! ;-)

10:44 AM  
Blogger manunitedrules said...

9) The Wonder Years
10) The Drew Carey Show

12:06 PM  
Blogger manunitedrules said...

I know number 5 is some sort of show similar to CSI , but I'm drawing a blank on the name.

12:09 PM  
Blogger The Blue Devil said...

Well in with #9 and #10, MUR. You're also right in your guess for #5 - it is CSI, the original series. They've used Who songs for all the spin-offs, too, but they haven't made as much sense. I always thought it was really clever for them to use the refrain "Who are you?" to underscore the cold case scenarios for the show. Don't like the show much, though.

What about the others, lads?

12:16 PM  
Blogger United We Stand said...

#1 has to be BBC's coverage of Formula 1
#6 Benny Hill ....I youtubed that one
Did we get them all?

1:34 PM  
Blogger manunitedrules said...

That's all of them. I never would have answered number one . I have watched lots of episodes of Benny Hill, but don't remember that one. you proved me wrong.

3:40 PM  
Blogger The Blue Devil said...

Yep - that's it - well done, lads. See you early doors tomorrow morning for the Stoke v. Citeh match!

3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home